Connect with a Community!
World Campus is a partner member with the American Association of University Women (AAUW). This partnership enables World Campus students to join AAUW via a free electronic student affiliate membership to both the national and Pennsylvania branches regardless of where you live. AAUW is a nationwide community of more than 165,000 members and supporters from all walks of life who advise, mentor, and support one another.
To join, complete the E-Student Affiliate Join Application, and be sure to choose “Penn State World Campus” as your college/university.
AAUW membership offers a variety of valuable benefits–we’ve listed a few below.
Help Secure Additional Funds for Lifelong Learning
With the rising cost of tuition, it can be hard for students to finance college. AAUW supports lifelong learning for women and girls through grants, scholarships, and fellowships. Local branches offer undergraduate scholarships to women in their communities. AAUW invests $4 million each year in fellowships and grants for women students pursuing graduate and doctoral study.
Build a Leadership Edge, Get Ready for the Workforce
AAUW is an association that advances equity for women and girls through advocacy, education, and research. AAUW has been empowering women as individuals and as a community since 1881. For more than 130 years, they have worked together as a national grassroots organization to improve the lives of millions of women and their families. Being a member can expand your personal and professional network and affect community change. Your membership supports and furthers AAUW’s mission to advance equity for women and girls.
This membership includes the opportunity to:
- attend leadership events and conferences
- learn how to run for student government and future offices
- expand your influence by serving on the National Student Advisory Council
- Attend a workshop. Over 125 colleges and universities have brought $tart $mart salary negotiation workshops to their campuses to teach their students about negotiating salaries and benefits
- apply for local and national scholarships to attend the National Conference for College Women Student Leaders
- apply for an AAUW internship